Blue skies with some clouds is a good indicator of the day, are they not? Along with Black coffee in a cup!The one with lovely watercolor roses on it, the one my lovely daughter Jacobie gave me! The rose on it makes me think of the wild roses my mother loved so much at home.
I climbed out at 8:00 AM. Merlock has been fed, today by 15 year old Alexander after his shower. Ale wisely give Merlock ice cubes along with the food. Thank you! Alex! Maybe it will be a reprieve for me if he has done it. This ice cube business is something Alex started and now something Merlock, “THE CAT” expects! A quick learner that cat! One more thing on his human’s must do that list. Merlock has a growing list, and is very verbal about it. It goes further than the meows___love nips, blinking for his I love you’s (that is what the blinking means according to cat experts. I blink back and he blinks at me! I even have him winking with one eye! Bit tricky he says but will do it!These are all brown nosing efforts___ rubs and purring, looking cute___It’s pretty clear what he wants. Interesting.
“The list”goes something like this. (1) Change my water please! Like every day! After all your there at the sink and making stuff you drink! Note, When you do change his water you must restore the black hair elastic in the bottom. (We think he keeps putting the black hair elastics in the water dish so he can see the bottom of the water dish. It doesn’t have to be black, recently it was one of Emma’s multi colored bracelets. If your elastic is missing it is likely in the bottom of the cats water bowl. So hide them if you want them dry. If you take it out he plays with it, but it will go back into the water dish.
- If your near the fridge, and especially if you get into the freezer itself, there is a meow for those ice cubes. Or he will aim at the fridge looking up, blinking or staring at you. When you get them he pivots and aims for his dish.
- If I am working he will come insist on pats, rubs and a walk to his food dish. Maybe that’s in case there is a change of a refill or top off. Where ever the patting is done, at the dish or otherwise I think he wears a secret watch, because it is about 15 minutes and then he will leave or lay at your feet. Basically he is the shadow that must be where ever I am at. He has his own chair in the studio now, other wise his choices are the couch, my bed, Alex’s bed, behind the Christmas tree, in my chair in the studio or at the end of the hall. The most common is the couch and our beds at night. Sometimes the back bedroom. Its a must that your present if he wants to sleep until makes up his mind he doesn’t need you.
- If you insist on working he will decide to be by your feet. He will pester you to walk simply walk him to his food dish in the middle of your work. If he can see the bottom on the food dish it is time for more food.
- He watches TV so sometime I put cat shows on for him to watch the birds. He isn’t demanding these yet. Best not!
- Toys, Merlock has an imagination! Cat’s must! Because he walks by “it” which ever toy it is, as if nothing is there then swings round to get “it”. He has many mice, a squirrel, a raccoon, fish on a stick, a crochet mouse and knitted snake. It’s been a good night if these are all over in the morning.
- Cat nip is expected, and watched out for, a must on his scratch rug. He eats it, and apparently this is ok. At least Alex is here to help. Alex is the masseuse, he does deep massages, apparently I do not do them right. I am ok with patting but not the massages. The reward for Alex is Merlock’s attention and that he will lay half way onto Alex stomach if he lays on the couch, as if to pen him down. Its fun to watch the results of Alex’s massages. Merlock will tip his head and knit with his paws. After he will do this sucking thing with his mouth, at least that is what we think he is doing. It’s like I am a baby and very pleased with this! Always purrs. I assume we are doing it right. Merlock is a Chateaux cat, I thought he was a Russian Blue. When he runs his primordial pouch swings back and forth like a cows udder. Primordial pouches are made to protect a cat should they be in a fight I have learned.
May the tides be with you! Best wishes! Pamela